LoudMax is a Look-Ahead Brickwall Loudness Maximizer Plugin with a clean transparent sound. It is designed to retain the original character of the music as much as possible even at high compression levels.
VST Plugin v1.20 for Windows PC 32bit
VST Plugin v1.20 for Windows PC 64bit
VST Plugin v1.20 for Mac OS X 32/64bit (OS 10.5 or higher)
AU Plugin v1.20 for Mac OS X 32/64bit (OS 10.5 or higher)
Winamp Plugin v1.20
GUI-less VST Plugin v1.20 for Windows PC 32bit
GUI-less VST Plugin v1.20 for Windows PC 64bit
VST Plugin v1.20 for Mac OS X 32bit (OS 10.2 or higher)
AU Plugins v1.20 for Mac OS X 32bit (OS 10.2 or higher)
Winamp Plugin v1.20 (zipped dll)
Winamp Plugin v1.20 - 64bit (zipped dll)
Please note the disclaimer on the right!
Release notes v1.20:
- Dissolved exceptions in limiter algorithm for more consistent transients
- Prevent crash when the host calls effEditIdle while the editor is closed
Main range of application:
- Audio Mastering
- Output Limiter/Maximizer for web radio stations
- One slider for threshold, one for the output level
- Meters for input, output and gain reduction in relation to the desired threshold
- Fader link: Output fader will be coupled to threshold fader. Klick on "Link"
- Supported Samplerates: 2kHz - 384kHz
- Latency, Look-Ahead and Attack Time: 1.25ms
- Release Time: Automatic - depending on the input signal
- No audible distortion
- Possible overdrive: 740dB
- Very low CPU usage
LoudMax is available as VST 2.4 Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X, Audio Unit Plugin for Mac OS X and as Winamp Plugin.
The Mac OS X Plugins are "Universal Binaries" with support for Intel Mac and Power PC.
The Audio Unit version was built with Symbiosis from NuEdge Development.
The Winamp Plugin supports 5.1 Surround. Built-in stereo overdrive protection avoids distortions in a subsequent stereo downmix.
The Winamp Plugin has a simplified user interface. Only one slider for adjusting the maximum amplification. The maximum output level is 0dB.
The GUI was designed by LimeFlavour based on the idea and colorscheme of Sinkmusic.
Thanks to Hannes Druener for using his MacBook and testing.